ACCESSING YOUR NYUHOME ACCOUNT
Activate your Net ID
Go to http://start.nyu.edu and follow the instructions. Your NetID is your login and username for your NYU e-mail account. When you do this, you will at the same time also enable your NYUHome portal and NYU email accounts.
Or, if you have already activated your NYU NetID:
You may now activate your NYU email account by returning to the “Start” page (http://start.nyu.edu), logging in with your NetID and password, and then selecting the menu option to activate your NYU Google Apps for Education account.
Log in to NYUHome
Go to http://home.nyu.edu and enter your NetID and password. Visit the various tabs to familiarize yourself with the layout and information available. Confirm that you have access to your e-mail account.
Log in to Albert
Albert (NYU’s student information system) displays your schedule, classroom location, and final grades. From the NYUHome Welcome screen, click on the tab labeled “Academics.” On the upper left side of the Academics page, click the box labeled “Albert Login.” You will now be at the Albert Welcome screen.
Check your NYU E-mail
Once you activate your NYUHome account you can check your NYU e-mail by logging in to NYUHome and clicking the “E-mail” link, or navigating directly to email.nyu.edu, and using your NYUHome credentials. All NYU correspondence from this point on will be sent to your NYU e-mail address.
RESERVING YOUR HOUSING
Please follow the step-by-step instructions below in order to complete the summer housing application as an affiliated group participant. To contact Residential Life and Housing for the summer term, please see here.
Completing the Summer Housing Application
• Login at http://home.nyu.edu with your Net ID and password.
• Click on the Student Housing and Meal Plans button under the ‘Housing Forms’ section. If this option is not located on your main homepage, you can click the NYU Life tab and find it there.
• This will bring you to the NYU Housing Portal. You will then see your Profile Summary. On the top, choose the Application tab.
• Select the Summer 2013 button on the Term Selector and click Start Housing Application.
Then please read each step carefully and follow the instructions.
STEP 3: GROUP AFFILIATION
When you reach Step 3, you will be asked if you are a GROUP PARTICIPANT. You must answer YES, choose your group name from the drop down menu, and enter your AUTHORIZATION CODE:
Your group name is: 2013 Tisch Summer High School
Your authorization code is: 594
• Complete the rest of the application, including emergency contact information, roommate requests (you can request up to two), and a basic lifestyle questionnaire to help us match roommates for compatibility.
STEP 6: SUMMER AFFILIATION
When you reach Step 6, you will be asked if you are a AFFILIATED. If you are not a matriculated academic year student, you must answer:
NON-NYU STUDENT, AFFILIATED WITH NYU and write PROGRAM in the box below it. You can then select I WILL BE ENROLLED IN COURSES and include your course information and dates below.
• Once your application is submitted, you will receive an email confirmation that it has been received. You will then be prompted to make a $500 deposit. Your application is not considered complete until you submit this deposit.
STEP BY STEP SCREEN SHOTS-2013 Group Steps to Pay Attention to
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Summer Housing at (212) 998-4600.
When you call you must identify yourself as a group participant and include the name of your group.
You will be registered by the Office of Special Programs into your specific courses after April 1st. This means you will not see your courses listed on your NYU Account before April 1st.
**PLEASE NOTE – IT MAY TAKE 1-2 DAYS FOR THE EMAIL ACCESS AND HOUSING FORMS TO APPEAR ON YOUR NYUHOME PAGES. IF YOU HAVE TRIED TO ACCESS THEM AND THEY WEREN’T THERE, PLEASE CLEAR YOUR COMPUTER’ S CACHE AND TRY TO ACCESS AGAIN AFTER 2 DAYS.